Monday 31 March 2014

Review: Nivea In-Shower Body Lotion Skin Conditioner (Normal Skin Sea Minerals)


... That is potentially the longest name for a product I have ever come across. So, I had heard and seen a lot about Nivea's new innovation for getting soft skin without having to go through the annoying phase after shower of putting on lotion and then waiting for that to dry before putting on clothes that I absolutely had to try it out. Any product that promises that (and is on sale) has my immediate attention, as I hate feeling sticky after putting on lotion. I settled for the normal skin version even though my skin is on the dry side, but I simply didn't know how I feel about putting on something that sinks into my skin that I am allergic to (hint: big allergic reactions to almonds), so sea minerals had to do the job of making my skin soft.

It was very easy to use in the shower, where you use it after having washed yourself with shower gel. Just on with it, work it and wash off. There is seriously nothing complicated about it, which I love so much... there is nothing worse than overcomplicated products with detailed instructions or bad packaging because some products are just child proofed. Furthermore, I liked it actually lived up to its name by looking like a good mix between lotion and conditioner... the name is spot on! But essentially, did it work? Did I feel my skin get any softer? Oh yes! It worked right from the first try, even without it being for dry skin! There was no ‘I wonder when this will work’ phase because it did its job instantly. I loved that! The product did what it promised and my skin feels softer after every time I have used it while I also avoid feeling sticky.

The big question - would I purchase it again?

No, I wouldn't.

I know it might seem weird after I have only listed positive things about the product. I get that, but - and that is a serious but - there is one negative thing to the skin conditioner that wouldn't make me purchase it again and that is the fact it has aluminium as one of its ingredients. Aluminium is not a good thing to have in your products - it really isn't good for your health. It is generally seen as an ingredients in deodorants - check if yours has it - so many are talking about changing to coconut oil mixed with something else instead, which I really would if I could but coconut is one of those smells that makes me throw up. I really can't take the smell. So instead, I am limiting the skin products with aluminium I use and this product isn't that necessary. However, I just gotta get this out, I don't actually understand the need to put aluminium in a lotion... like, seriously, why? I checked my other body lotions in my bathroom and none of them has aluminium as an ingredients, but I will start happily use them than the skin conditioner. So not cool, Nivea!


Have you tried Nivea's In-Shower Body Lotion Skin Conditioner? What do you feel about aluminium in skin products?

Until next time,
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment