Thursday 20 March 2014

DIY: Print & Quote Pictures

… I am not happy with the title of this blog post, but seeing as I can’t come up with anything better at the moment I suppose I have to survive with it. It doesn’t please me, however. Anyways, this blog post is a DIY to make something decorative for your apartment/house’s walls without spending a lot of money or a lot of effort into the actual making step.  

Excuse the bead-heart decoration!
This first idea is a picture with the Danish word ‘hygge’ and below the word the definition of it that I looked up in a dictionary. I realize not everybody reading this is going to be a Dane or able to read Danish, but you can make this with any kind of word you like and in whatever language you prefer. I got the inspiration from a store called Inspiration (yes, that is the name of it) where I spotted a picture having some text about hygge. As I obviously didn’t want to spend a fortune on buying that picture and honestly thought I could do it myself, I turned to my computer, word and a dictionary. I have absolutely no idea what the picture from Inspiration actually said as I was a distance away and weren’t wearing my glasses, so really, it was just inspiration. I printed it out on my university’s printer and put it in an IKEA frame… and I am pretty pleased with the result.


Now the second idea… The quote has been all over Tumblr quite the amount of times, and every time I find it really entertaining and amusing. Obviously, I couldn’t just leave it at that. I could like with the ‘hygge’ picture just made something in Word and printed it out, but I felt I needed to do something different so they wouldn’t look alike. From my book clutch DIY project I had a lot of old book pages lying around, so I decided to reuse some of them (trust me, you will make mistakes) and wrote on them. It took some tries and it still isn’t the most perfect one, but it has a lot of charm. Instead of a new frame or in the likes of the IKEA frame, I found one of the old frames I have and used it instead as it makes the overall look even more charming.


‘Hygge’ picture – what you need,
-       A typing program (e.g. Word).
-       A printer (I used one of the printers at my university).
-       Paper (I used A3).
-       A frame (I bought one from IKEA that had been reduced in price).

Step by step,
1.     Open your typing program.
2.     Type whatever word and definition.
3.     Save it on your computer (just to be certain and/or if you want to change in it later).
4.     Print it.
5.     Frame it.

‘Home is where your wi-fi connects automatically’ – what you need,
-       Old book pages (books can be purchased for no money at flea markets).
-       A black marker.
-       An old frame (I bought mine at the local thrift shop).

Step by step,
1.     Rip out a couple of pages from an old book.
2.     Select the page you want to use.
3.     Write on the page, though perhaps practice on a couple of pages before.
4.     Frame it.

Would this DIY be something you would want to try yourself?   

Until next time,
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment