Thursday 6 March 2014

Review: TRESemmé’s Volume & Lift Mousse


TRESemmé, TRESemmé, TRESemmé… I admittedly feel like sighing because it is the first time I have been disappointed with one of their products. That in itself just sucks as I obviously wanted to be wowed by this product so bad. But I wasn’t. Damn it.

Maybe I should start on a brighter note? There are actually qualities I liked about this product, even though they aren’t of overwhelming number. The first good quality of this product is the humidity resistance – I hadn’t thought much about that fact when I purchased the products, but as Danish weather at the moment is really changing (when isn’t it changing?!) it has proved to be very handy indeed and I haven’t experienced the same kind of electric hair like I normally do. So thumbs up for that! Secondly, I really like the formula… the foam is really lightweight, non-sticky and fluffy-like, making it incredible easy to work (and play) with. That really shouldn’t be underestimated.

… Is it sad I only like two qualities? Probably.

The truth is I am quite disappointed with the ‘volume & lift’ part, and perhaps even more so when it is a part of the title and it says ‘medium hold’ on the back of the bottle. Basically, the essential of the product isn’t up to pair. I have tried this mousse countless of times by now, and will continue with it until I have emptied it as I can’t afford to simply throw it away and purchase something else, but every time after I have blow-dried my hair I look in the mirror and think, ‘What volume? What lift?’ The difference it makes is minimal. Whenever I have tried to compare it to how my hair would look after a blow dry without it, I gotta admit the difference wasn’t striking at all. That honestly annoys me.

Perhaps what annoys and disappoints me even more, is the fact that TRESemmé usually make some really good products and, as listed before, this is the first time I have been disappointed with one of their products. When you pay 90 DKK (9 GPS) – that is right! Everything is expensive in Denmark – you want it to be great… or beyond great, actually. I think it is a lot of money on a product that just doesn’t deliver.

I wouldn’t recommend TRESemmé’s Volume & Lift Mousse to anybody as there surely are far better products for the same price.


Do you have a volume product you would recommend me instead?  

Until next time,
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment