Monday 10 March 2014

MAC Make-up Consultation

A couple of days ago (Friday, actually) I went and got a make-up consultation at the MAC stand in the department store in my city. In Denmark MAC can only be found in the big department store Magasin, although the stores are located several places in the country. Anyways, I had booked a time as I thought, and still think, it was a great way to try out some of MAC’s products without having to actually buy them first. It is wise as MAC products aren’t the cheapest of the bunch. It was a really nice experience, I must say! The woman who did my make-up was very kind and simply found whatever I wanted to try out from their newest collection, along with their basic products like foundation, concealer, etc.. I would recommend it to others, if only to get your make-up done prettily for the day (and that is really nice, admit it!).
Totally unphotogeneric me… oh dear *pouts*
I have tried to the best of my ability to find the products I tried and also, below listed by immediate opinion of them. Obviously, I haven’t tested them out for a longer time seeing this was a make-up consultation, but I did have some overall thoughts on them.

Make-up details,
Foundation: Matchmaster SPF 15 Foundation in 1.0.
Opinion: It felt very light to wear and provided a light to medium coverage, which I really liked. I don’t like heavy foundations in general, so this one appealed to me. However, it took quite a while to get it blended nicely and that was perhaps the biggest downside to it (along with the price!).

Concealer: Mineralize Concealer in 15.
Opinion: It seemed to provide okay coverage for under eye dark circles and the formula was light and seemingly easy to work with. I think the price is a bit too high for what the product actually did for me.

Powder: Mineralize Skinfinish Natural – I can’t remember the shade.
Opinion: I honestly wasn’t wowed by the powder; it didn’t feel special from the powders I have tried over the years. In the grand scheme of things I am not really wowed or into powders, so for me a less expensive one can do the job just as well.

Blush: Mineralize Blush in Petal Rose.
Opinion: The blush was a really pretty colour and it appeared to be quite pigmented as she didn’t need much to create the effect on my apple cheeks.

Mascara: In Extreme Dimension Lash in Black.
Opinion: I wasn’t attracted to the mascara at all – and not only because it had a rubber brush! The brush didn’t ‘grab’ my eye lashes well, but instead made them clash together. Perhaps, the mascara would have been great if I had long lashes, but as I don’t, and instead have many, it really wasn’t for me.

Eye shadow: Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow: Greenluxe.
Opinion: The colours didn’t really suit me well, in my opinion, but there were few in the new collection I believe actually could have suited me. I am hands down a naturals-browns kinda girl, which the collection didn’t center around and thus tried something out of my comfort zone. It was fun to try something new! The quality of the eye shadows seemed really great – they were really pigmented, so she didn’t have to use much.

Paint: Paints in Base Light.
Opinion: I honestly didn’t get the meaning of the paint. Apparently, it was different than a primer, yet how it was different  I didn’t get.

Lipgloss: Cremesheen Glass in Star Quality.
Opinion: As you can see on the picture below, I loved the lipgloss so much it had to leave with me. I honestly prefer lipsticks and lip crayons/sticks/whatever over lipgloss because I often kind that lipglosses are sticky. I really dislike sticky lipglosses. This one isn’t sticky at all and it has the prettiest coral-pinkish colour. The price was the huge downside to it, but I felt I would use it a lot and really love it, so I decided to purchase it as the only product.

Star Quality (love the name!) and a swatch.
When you get a make-up consultation, unless it is specifically listed, you don’t have to buy any of the things you try. You are seriously not obligated to do so – I wasn’t obligated to do so… but I just did because I really liked the product.



Have you been to a make-up consultation before? Did you like it?

Until next time,
Mia ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment