Saturday 8 March 2014

Saturday; Outfit of the Day – Birthday Party

Another rare OOTD post… and on a Saturday at that. Amazing. Yes, please note the sarcasm.

Anyways, as I really don’t have a lot of time before I leave my apartment, I am heading to two of my friends’ birthday party and I confidently thought I would sneak in an OOTD post as there won’t be many of them in general and I liked the last one with the Oscars. I have decided to keep it completely simple, although gone for a more… put-together look. Does that make sense? I am not even sure it makes sense to me, but just more formal-ish like than what I normally do.

I have chosen to wear my black Selected dress, which I am absolutely in love with… the quality is amazing, especially considering the price, and I just love the cut. It can be worn as an everyday dress or for a more special event – personally, I use it for both. I typically buy dresses (and in general clothes) I can dress up and down depending on the occasion as it gives more wear out of the dresses. I have paired it with my trustworthy Decadent handbag and as for shoes, we don’t really wear shoes of any kind inside, so I will choose some random pair. For jewelry, I didn’t go all out, but instead opted for the pieces I wear on an everyday basis. I could have done something more I suppose, but yeah, I am a bit lazy when it comes to jewelry. Make-up is also kept simple, though the lipgloss from MAC will brighten up the look and came it feel more spring like with its coral-pink colour.

The picture is from Selected's website as the details of the dress
is more viewable than what I can capture.
Clothes detail,
Sofia LS Smock Dress FJ-EX from Selected (Selected Online)



Jewelry details,
Timex ‘gold’ watch (bought at a flea market).
Necklace (bought at a flea market).
Black squares earrings (bought in a shop called Tryllespejlet, though I know they are from the Nederland).
Black, shiny adjustable ring from Pilgrim.
‘Faith’ bracelet from Etsy (CREATIVEdesignbyTHAO).
Tea saucer from Royal Copenhagen, 2162 (bought at a flea market).



Make-up details,
Base: MaxFactor’s Weightless Foundation SPF 10 in number light ivory 40 and Missha’s Perfect Cover BB Cream SPF 42 in number 21.
Mascara: Clinique’s high definition lashes in number 01 black and MaxFactor’s 2000 Calorie dramatic volume in black.
Eye shadow primer: INK by Dennis Knudsen in number 01 matt.
Quickliner: Clinique’s Quickliner for Eyes in number 03 roast coffee.
Eyeshadows: Dior’s eyeshadows in numbers 844, 031 and 770.
Lipgloss: MAC’s Cremesheen Glass in Star Quality.


What are you doing today? What do you feel about spring coming soon?

Until next time,
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment