Thursday 3 April 2014

Beauty: Makeup Brushes Cleaning

I am honestly not good at cleaning my makeup brushes; I simply don’t do it as regularly as I definitely should and, yeah, my brushes probably aren’t liking that. I suppose my failure at cleaning my brushes is because I have never quite gotten the right mixture together and think it is too expensive to buy something already made in shops. Students don’t have a lot of money, so one (or at least I) tends to look for an easy home made remedy. I have tested and tested, and none has been great… but that simply needed to stop.

My brushes were in need for a good cleaning, thus my quest for a good home made remedy started on YouTube. YouTube has endless and endless of options and ideas, though many mention buying something in shops (e.g. MAC) which is simply a no-go for me. However, I came across Michelle Phan’s video who mentioned using extra virgin oil and antibacterial dishwashing soap – both things I have in my apartment – and mixed together it was supposed to be good for your brushes.

  
As the picture illustrates it looked rather weird mixing them together, but I was up for trying it out. I only own eight brushes – good brushes are so expensive, yikes! – so, the cleaning in total only took 10 minutes by following Michelle’s video.



After the cleaning my brushes, they came to stand ‘head’ down in a random cup so the water can run down and away from the brushes. That is important. If you do it with ‘head’ up, then the water can ruin your brush and the glue holding your brush together.



Ugh, it looks disgusting, but shows my brushes were definitely in need of a good cleaning.


How you do clean your brushes? Do you have any good tips?

Until next time,
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment