Tuesday 8 April 2014

Life: Taking A Walk

Lately, I have been feeling quite stressed with the university workload as lecturers tend to be slow at realizing deadlines and uploading assignments, but also I have felt quite homesick as I haven’t really been home since New Year and felt uncertainty about life (and the future) in general. The emotions tend to build up inside me over a longer period before the wall breaks and I find myself overwhelmed with everything and every emotion. It is far from preferred.

Today, I felt the wall quivering violently as there are many deadlines this week before Easter and my neighbour’s barking dogs were really getting to me, along with it being my Dad’s birthday though without me being able to celebrate with him as I have classes and work tomorrow. As it was getting far too much for me, especially with the neighbour’s four dogs barking constantly for four hours without any chance of them stopping, I decided to take a walk… and that was a brilliant idea as a walk always is.

It isn’t the longest route I take, but that isn’t the main point of taking a walk. The fresh air, the exercise and the pause from daily life is main point and something I really, really needed to calm me down today. Generally, it is a way of clearing my head of the many thoughts that float around in my head, but also it helps me focusing on what is important instead of stressing about everything. Sometimes you can’t do everything and that is alright. Sometimes you wanna be places you can’t be, but that doesn’t mean it will always be that way. Sometimes you just have to wait till life comes around.

I suppose it is a kind of meditation. But no matter what it is, it certainly helped… So, I went home and I called my Dad, wishing him a happy birthday with the promise of coming home on Friday, and then turned back to my workload as the dogs had stopped barking (thankfully!) and the future… well, it can definitely wait till another day.


Are you feeling stressed lately? And what do you do to de-stress?

Until next time,
Mia ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment