Thursday 27 February 2014

Currently reading: Bet Me by Jennifer Cruise

I truly enjoy reading books, whether they be older works or ‘just published’ books, and especially when I am feeling very unwell like today (although, I haven’t been feeling well for the past four days – damn you, illness!). There is nothing better than snuggling up on the couch under a blanket and with a good book in your hand, letting the day pass by as you escape into one of the many worlds books can offer (… shopping is really amazing as well, though, I gotta admit that).

Currently I am reading Bet Me for the nth time because I need something light and humorous to brighten up my days… It is doing a wonderful job, I will let you know. Bet Me by Jennifer Cruise is most definitely on my list over favourite chick lit books. It is simply everything a good chick lit book should be – hilarious, sassy, interesting characters and a not too complicated plot. Simply nothing you need to think or contemplate seriously about once you close the book (or in my case, click the ‘home’ button on my Kindle)… it isn’t to suggest I don’t like deeper books where I have to really think, because I do (and that is what my study demands of me)! But I don’t always need that and sometimes I just want to be entertained. Bet Me entertains, and it entertains well.

Summary from goodreads.com:
Minerva Dobbs knows that happily-ever-after is a fairy tale, especially with a man who asked her to dinner to win a bet. Even if he is gorgeous and successful Calvin Morrisey. Cal knows commitment is impossible, especially with a woman as cranky as Min Dobbs. Even if she does wear great shoes and keeps him on his toes. When they say good-bye at the end of their evening, they cut their losses and agree never to see each other again. But Fate has other plans, and it's not long before Min and Cal meet again. Soon, they're dealing with a jealous ex-boyfriend, Krispy Kreme donuts, a determined psychologist, chaos theory, a freakishly intelligent cat, Chicken Marsala, and more risky propositions than either of them ever dreamed of. Including the biggest gamble of all--true love.

If this sounds somewhat interesting for you, then I would definitely recommend this book… and I do believe the first chapter can be read on Jennifer Cruise’s website. So check that out!


Have you read any of Jennifer Cruise’s books? And what are you reading lately?

Until next time,
Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment