Thursday 20 February 2014

Interior/Home Stuff: A Tiny Haul

My apartment is happy, I dare say.
As a common occurrence I didn’t have any intentions of spending money on anything new for my apartment, but it just kinda happened… whoops? It is the curse of being a girl, I swear!

… Oh sod it, I love everything.

My old placemats (table/dinner mats if you want) from Södahl were getting a quite dirty due to the felt texture of them, where I can’t get stains off them. I have loved them dearly for almost four years, but all good things must come to an end as dirty placemats aren’t that charming to show that in front of guests. Instead, I ended up buying four new ones from the local super market. Cork may seem really boring and perhaps a bit old fashion, I will even confess my parents have owned their cork trivets for as all as I can remember, but I see the material as retro… and I do like squares.

The sign “age doesn’t matter when you have got style” is by the Danish company Ib Laursen who makes so many pretty and cute things. I desperately want to fill my kitchen with everything they make, but unfortunately I can’t afford all that. So for the time being I settled with the sign as I couldn’t leave it and found it amusing (and true). It has found its place with the pictures I have on the wall… and I shall smile from time to time.

And lastly, the star decoration… I am a big sucker for stars, so it had to leave with me. There was no other option, really. I like that it is very neutral with its wooden beads, making it fit into many apartments, and yet unique with its form. Unfortunately, I don’t know what company it is from; I thought it was Ib Laursen, but I can’t find it in their catalogue for 2014. However, it can be created as a diy thing without much effort… wooden beads, hobby wire and a sting is all you really need.


What has the last thing you bought for your apartment? Or do you have your eyes set on something?

Until next time,
Mia ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment