Monday 17 February 2014

Review: Avene Soothing Moisture Mask

I shall make a confession from the beginning: I hadn’t planned to write (and publish) this kind of post today. Actually, I had something else planned, but as the postwoman delivered this I had to surrender. Please forgive me!

Anyways, I am a massive fan and user of Avène’s products as they honestly helped my skin from looking extremely dry and flaky to healthy and moist. If you don’t know the brand Avène, then I shall quote their own description from their website, “EAU THERMALE Avène is a unique French dermo-cosmetic brand dedicated to each level of skin sensitivity; from sensitive, intolerant to allergic.” That sounds like magic to my ears as I have very sensitive and slightly allergic skin, which makes it a bit difficult to find good and effective products. I like products that work instantly, where I can see improvement right away because I really don’t have the patience to give every product the benefit of the doubt. Avène products generally do that for me… and this one didn’t disappoint.

The other day I was looking through the samples I have received over time and found the Avene Soothing Moisture Mask sample (see above picture). I didn’t think much of it, but nevertheless thought I would give this a try – I need to clear through my samples at some point. I found the application instructions online, which are as following, “Apply the Soothing Moisture Mask in thick layers to the face and neck. Leave on for 10 to 15 minutes then carefully remove the excess product with a cotton pad.” Easy enough to understand, right? I thought so too and did exactly that. Just 5 minutes(!) after my skin had absorbed it all. My skin suddenly looked moist and really healthy with a slight glow to it. That is what I call effective! It had apparently been in need after the ever-changing Danish weather and medication had done their damage.

As I really liked what the product had done for my skin (and quickly had used up the sample), I decided to purchase it in 50 ml myself.

You can normally buy this and Avène products in general at most Danish pharmacies. However, the price of 144,50 DKK (approx. 15 GBP) is just… well, your wallet won’t be too pleased with such a purchase, especially if you don’t have that much money to yourself. I don’t have a lot of money either, so instead I purchase it through the English website echemist.co.uk. eChemist is so much cheaper and they often have offers on different products and brands. I bought mine on offer for 85 DKK (approx. 8.5 GBP), though 102 DKK (approx. 10.2 GBP) as listed today. The shipping is completely free unless you purchase for over 2 kg… And they ship worldwide, apparently! 


Have you tried the Soothing Moisture Mask? Or any of the other Avène products?

Until next time,
Mia ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment