Tuesday 11 February 2014

Seasonal Nail Polish Colour?

From left to right: Essie's 'good to go' top coat, Essie's 'all in one base' base coat and Essie's 'jazz'.
February and March are quite the difficult months in terms of seasonal appropriate nail polish colour; it isn’t quite spring, where bright and pastel colours are preferred, nor is it really winter anymore, where darker colours tend to rule. So, I suppose there is only one way to go… neutral! There is absolutely nothing wrong with neutral colour for your nails, I simply prefer a lighter blue or a shade of mint colours more.

Alas, I opted for the best neutral colour I have - Essie’s Jazz.

I realize not everyone is a fan of Essie due to various reasons, but the brand is the one I countlessly return to (is one of the best in my biased eyes) as there are qualities I can’t really find in other nail polish brands. Essie’s colour range is wide and the nail polish itself dries quickly; the latter matters the most in my eyes as I simply don’t possess the ability to remain patient for the whole drying process. They are rather pricey, admittedly (approx. 90 DKK/10 GBP in Denmark), which I find is the general downside to them and explains the reason for me not owning many. Damn it!

To ensure the colour will last the longest and look the prettiest on my nails, I use a base coat and a top coat (both of mine are from Essie… I am so Essie biased *pouts*). The top coat I can essentially forego, but definitely not the base coat. If you, like me, wear nail polish almost constantly without a base coat your nails can potentially turn slightly yellow… That isn’t that charming or flattering for your finger nails. The yellow nails happened to me, thus base coat is a must.

With this neutral colour on my nails I shall continue with the rest of my daily work and hope spring (and sunny weather) will come around soon.


What is your favourite nail polish colour for February and March? Do you have any recommendations for a good nail polish brand?

Until next time,
Mia 

No comments:

Post a Comment