Sunday 27 September 2015

Food: Broccoli Pizza


Pizza is a huge treat in my little home. I don’t often make it as I find the whole process of making it rather bothersome, and in the end it doesn’t taste as great as they ones I can buy just across the road. Furthermore, it isn’t that healthy… which is why I tried the cauliflower pizza a couple of months ago. The problem with cauliflower is that the smell spreads through the whole apartment. And… well, it is awful. Now a few weeks ago I made a broccoli pizza and…. Yes, yes, yes, it was so good that I have decided to share my recipe.

Ingredients:
1 broccoli head
Salt and pepper
A small handful cheese
Whatever pizza topping you like
Loppefrøskaller

Loppefrøskaller is basically the peel from the plant plantago ovata forsk and it has high content of fibre. I have absolutely no idea what the English word for loppefrøskaller is, but I would imagine quinoa could replace it easily.

Making the pizza:
First, you blend the whole broccoli head into an even mix. A food processor can easily do that, but if you don’t have one something smaller that can finely chop the broccoli up will do. Then you add some salt and pepper, loppefrøskaller (or quinoa) and a small handful of cheese. If you are putting cheese on as topping, then simply use some of that. Mix it all together and let it rest for 10 minutes.

Second, you spread the mix out on a baking sheet in a nice thin and even layer. Then put the baking tray with the baking sheet on in a warm oven (200 degrees C) and bake it for 25-30 minutes or until it becomes a golden brown.

Third, when it comes out of the oven, let it rest a couple of minutes as that makes the cheese in the mix really bind everything together. Lastly, you add the toppings you want and then bake the pizza again for 10 minutes. Once those 10 minutes are up you will have a delicious and rather healthy pizza.

Enjoy!


Until next time,
Mia ♥ 

                      

No comments:

Post a Comment