Sunday 4 October 2015

DIY: Crochet Dishcloths



Yes, I have started crocheting!

My mother taught me the basis a couple of weeks ago, and then I turned to the internet (and YouTube) to help me get really into crochet. And I am totally into crocheting at the moment; I have a basket dedicated to it with yarn and everything. It is a serious love affair, so I thought I would share a little.

I started with dishcloths, as that is probably the easiest project to start out with, and you can get to practice different patterns with dishcloths without it being complicated. I have made four dishcloths with four different patterns - all are very easy to make. However, there won’t be any full tutorial written because they are easily found online already and I am not convinced I am the best at explaining in crochet terms.

The dark yellow is a pattern called horizontal ribs. I followed this video as guidance.
The light blue is half treble crochets in a v-pattern. It consists of half treble crochets and chain stitches only. Sadly, I followed a Danish tutorial and I can’t find an English tutorial, but I am certain there must be one out there that is close to this.
The dark blue is a pattern called woven stitch. I followed this video as guidance.
The yellow is a pattern called grums in Danish. It consists of double treble crochets and double crochets. I followed a Danish tutorial, but I found this which looks like to be the exact same.

What DIY projects are you working on?


Until next time,
Mia ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment