Sunday 25 October 2015

Sunday: What is life?



It isn’t one of those philosophical questions I am currently asking myself, but rather an outburst I have been having lately. An exclamation point behind the question mark would have been more correct.

I am currently head deep in university assignments, adjustment of my brother having moved to my city, Christmas presents planning and apartment cleaning. Of those four it is only the brother part that is enjoyable… though I just admit I am looking forward to wrapping Christmas presents.
Honestly, I have no idea how I managed to get into this ordeal with so many things to jungle around as I am highly organized and an excellent planer. If feels like everything just came at once and demanding to be sorted out immediately, which is quite impossible. It didn’t help that my brother moved in the week following to the autumn break and during the autumn break I worked on an exam assignment, giving me no room to breathe and relax until mid-November. Fun times!

But I suppose even in this situation you can say I am trying to stay organized within the limits I have. Example: I have a 14-days university plan that charts what assignments and presentations I should work on and on what days and I am counting the days down until Black Friday, which Danish shops started doing last year. I don’t care that the Black Friday following Thanksgiving is completely an American tradition. If I can save money on buying Christmas presents (and a birthday present for myself) then I will accept almost everything.

Adjustment to my brother move and my apartment cleaning are something that will take time. It is still a weird, yet pleasant thought that my brother lives a bike ride away and I can hang out with him anytime… or he can call me if he needs help with adult-paying-bills stuff. It has already changed our relationship, but I suppose it will change even more which takes time. Apartment cleaning is just tiresome. I am planning on moving apartment within a year, so I am slowly starting to sort through my things and throw stuff out I don’t use or sell it online. It takes time, and boy, do I have a lot of crap. But it is better to have a head start and not be completely surprised when the moving actually occurs.

Well… that is my rant for today. I am gonna make a cup of tea and then work on my next university assignment.

What are you doing this Sunday?


Until next time,
Mia ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment