Sunday 6 September 2015

Review: Avène Gentle Gel Cleanser



A good cleanser for your face is always worth a struggle to find as only the best of the best is good enough for your skin. You don't want to dehydrate or your skin by using the wrong product. But a good cleanser doesn't and shouldn't necessarily cost a fortune; expensive doesn't make a product better, but merely just empties your wallet quicker.

My favourite cleanser is without a question Avène's Gentle Gel Cleanser. I am overall a huge fan of Avène's products as they really suit my skin type the best without being expensive. The latter is only true because I buy them on foreign sites because they are expensive in Denmark.
The Gentle gel cleanser is indeed a soft pink colour as the picture illustrates, though it honestly doesn't feel like gel at all. In my experience gel texture seems to be more difficult to work with as your really have to work it to activate it and can feel unpleasant against the skin due to the texture. However, Avène's cleanser seems more like a combination of a gel and a soap with more emphasis on the soap part. This combination makes it gentler against your skin and thus means it doesn't strip moisture from your skin, but ensures it is as hydrated as it was before you use it.

One pump is enough to do the whole job of cleaning your face. You simply massage in with your fingers in small circles to really get the dirt and then remove with a warm cloth. Afterwards your skin feels lovely soft and ready for the next step in your skin routine.
If you have sensitive and allergic skin, then I would wholeheartedly recommend this as I have the same skin type. I am on my second bottle, where my first bottle lasted me a good year.

What cleanser do you use? Do you like it?


Until next time,
Mia ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment