Sunday 20 September 2015

Haul: Glass Additions




My favourite shop in my parents' town had a pretty good sale... and I apparently couldn't leave without getting some glass things with me. Both have been placed in my little kitchen, and I think they fit perfectly. Glass is such a nice material to have in your home – it is non-offensive, classic and there is a rustic feeling to it once you have put something in it. It is something that lasts for years and years unless you accidentally break it.

I definitely know that the chicken isn’t everybody’s taste – my mother actually bought it for my brother who loves chickens, but he thought it was ugly and gave it to me. I love it, even though it can seem slightly tacky and ugly. Admittedly, I have no idea what it is originally meant to work as and for (butter? eggs? salt?), but I have decided to use it as a place for random bits and bobs. It is unique and perhaps tacky, but I absolutely adore it.

The second thing is a glass jar with ‘salt’ written across it. Not surprisingly, I use the jar for fine salt. It is very simple and I would even go as far as calling it classic, which makes it fit easily into my kitchen. The only negative thing I can say about the jar is the lid; it is very loose, so you have to be careful when picking it up and getting it out of the cupboard.

Do you have any glass pieces or jars in your home? Do you like them?


Until next time,
Mia ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment