Sunday 13 September 2015

Review: Lancôme Lip Lover in Framboise Jazz



I wouldn’t say I have a thing for lip glosses as I am more a lipstick kind of girl, but I don’t say no to a sample of one. And I am really happy that I have tried out this lip gloss from Lancôme. This lip gloss is my first introduction to Lancôme’s lip products, thus I have honestly no idea what their other products are like. However, if their other lip products are like this lip gloss then I am definitely visiting their counter in the near future.

Lancôme has a thing with shaping samples of their products in a cone/Christmas tree like manner, which I have to admit I really don’t get. To apply the lip gloss I remove so much of the actual product before starting anything and that annoys me. I find the shape makes it a bit more difficult to apply the product in equal amounts all over, but thankfully it looks like the applicator is different and more delicate with the real size product.

I have the colour 355, also known as Framboise Jazz, which is a deep pink colour. It is just my style as the colour is absolutely gorgeous even just to look at, but the colour doesn’t come across if applied on the lip as its own thing. I don’t find the product to be anything special on its own but rather… meh. It is sheer, which is alright if it would stay put, not slip around on the lip and not disappear so quickly.
However, if you use the lip gloss in combination with another lip product… damn. Really, damn! I have found that if I wear any colour of lipstick or lip stain first and then apply the lip gloss that the result is absolutely stunning. The lip gloss helps and adds so much more colour, depth and umpf, and with such a combination its staying power is improved immensely. I feel that is the best way to use the lip gloss.

And simply because the combination and the beautiful colours it creates, I will definitely purchase the real size product as soon as I have used up this sample. It is too pretty not to.

Have you tried any of Lancôme’s lip products? And what is your favourite lip product at the moment?


Until next time,
Mia ♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment