Sunday 17 May 2015

Dior & Lancôme Mascaras



I am very predictable with my mascara choice as I know what works for me without a doubt, yet I have tried two samples of mascara from Dior and Lancôme to see if they might be better than my favourite and beloved MaxFactor 2000 Calorie Mascara.

The Dior mascara made my lashes look a little too spikey and unnatural for my liking, as I like the very natural look that is ‘my lashes looking just a little better’. But, my mother thought my lashes looked very pretty without it appearing unnatural. So, I simply put it down as taste preferences. Does the Dior hold the curl? I suppose it does, though I am not too certain as my lashes naturally are slightly curled. I think the waterproof version would be better for holding the curl overall.
The biggest problem I have with the Dior mascara is the shape of the wand. I simply don’t get it. Also, due to the shape it very easily gets mascara on the bottom lashes, which I don’t like as I have small eyes. Mascara on the bottom lashes makes your eyes appear smaller as you really define them.

The Lancôme was straight up like my MaxFactor mascara; it gave just the right amount of volume and made the lashes look very natural. It was easy to apply the mascara and didn’t require much thought or testing on how to apply it – it was completely fuss free!  
Like with the Dior, my biggest problem was the shape of the wand. I honestly didn’t get the cone/Christmas tree shape of the wand. It didn’t make any difference in my opinion; my lashes looked the same no matter what I did. My guess is, it is perhaps to make it different from other mascaras.

Despite having different preferences as to how my lashes should look, I will admit they worked well. The effect they promised I saw happening to my own lashes. However. Yes, there is a however! However, I wouldn’t pay the price for the Dior or Lancôme mascaras when my MacFaxtor mascara does the same job at a much cheaper price. I simply don’t see the point at all.

What mascara is your favourite?


Until next time,
Mia ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment