Thursday 26 June 2014

Beauty: Testing BB Creams & Tinted Moisturiser

Lately, I have been testing three different BB creams/tinted moisturisers in the hunt of finding something that can replace my weird combination of MaxFactor’s Weightless Foundation in number 40 Light Ivory and Missha’s Perfect Cover BB Cream in number 21 Light Beige. The combination I have going on so far is actually quite good, but rather bothersome, as it requires mixing the colours and getting the proportions rights each and every time. Basically, it is time consuming.

I personally don’t like foundations as they feel quite heavy upon my skin – even the lighter ones – and I think they provide too much coverage. Now, I am by no means claiming that I have the perfect skin (oh no, far from), but I don’t like that my many freckles are covered as I find them adorable. Freckles equals love, baby!

I have been testing Kiehl’s Actively Correcting & Beautifying BB Cream in Fair, Clarins BB Skin Perfecting Cream in number 00 and Estée Lauder Daywear Sheer Tint Release. As you will be able to tell from the pictures below, I didn’t buy the products but instead got a small sample. So much easier, so much cheaper.


I accidentally put far too much on my hand.
Although I have thoroughly enjoyed the Kiehl’s products I have acquired so far, their BB cream isn’t cutting it for me. While the colour fitted me perfectly, the texture was nice and it was easy to apply, it didn’t stay put on my face. If I slightly touched my face it came off immediately and matters only got worse with the Micro-Blur Skin Perfector product under it; with that product, the BB cream just moved around and mostly ended up by my chin… oh, I wasn’t charming at all.


I tried to blend it out, but it is darker than my skin tone.
Of all of them, Estée Lauder was the most peculiar one. The actual cream is a greyish colour, but once you start working with it the colour changes to a brownish one that supposedly figures out how to match your skin tone. Riiight, it didn’t do that for me. On me, the colour is far too dark for my pale and sick-looking skin and looks like I have acquired a really fake-looking tan. It also should be mentioned that the cream requires that you work with it a lot to blend it in nicely, especially around the edges as that leaves a darker brown colour.



Though it looks slightly darker, the tone actually fits well.
The sales assistant recommended the Clarins BB cream to me as she had really enjoyed it, but after trying it out the product isn’t really for me. It was much like the BB cream from Kiehl’s with the colour fitting me perfectly, the texture being nice and it was easy to apply, but in difference, this felt more like a foundation. It feels a bit heavier on my skin and it doesn’t seemingly act like a BB cream, or at least the Korean BB cream I am used to.

Of the three, I liked Clarins BB cream the most but not enough to purchase it. I suppose the conclusion is I will continue to test BB creams until I find the right one.


Do you use foundation or BB cream? What is your favourite?

Until next time,
Mia ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment