Tuesday 10 June 2014

Lancôme: Taking One For The Team

This is for all the people who have allergic skin – I took this one for the team, (although unwillingly), so the rest of you don’t necessarily have to try it and possibly suffer the pain I did.

The story started in the completely opposite end on the emotion scale as my mother’s colleague once again had been so kind to think of me upon receiving quite some samples from Lancôme. It was beyond kind of her. Thus, it was with great curiosity and excitement that I opened these samples and started reading the various labels on them. The labels didn’t actually tell much, mainly just the name of the sample and what you use it for. I tried the products on my hand at first to see for any immediate reaction, but as nothing happened I thought of it as ‘go ahead, try them’. Oh boy, I was wrong!

Correcter, night serum, multi-lift and eye cream from Lancôme.
I tried the night serum and the eye cream just before heading to bed and slightly noticed my eyes had gotten itchy almost immediately afterwards, but didn’t think more about it as I have pollen allergies. Again, oh boy, I was wrong!

The next morning… my eyes were so swollen that my mother didn’t even say good morning to me, but instead rushed to find a towel and some ice cubes for me. My eyes were so swollen that I couldn’t see clear for two hours even though I used the ice towel diligently and, admittedly, I had tears running down my cheeks. I wasn’t actually crying, but the pain coupled with the swollenness made them tearing up. Furthermore, my skin was slightly red and my lips were swollen as well.

That wasn’t a fun start to the day!

As there wasn’t an ingredient list attached to the products I honestly have no idea what particularly caused this reaction, but I certainly learned my lesson and will steer clear of skin care samples without an ingredient list. In the end, I feel quite sad about being able to use the products, but it definitely isn’t worth the pain… and so I left them for my mother who has completely normal skin.


Ouch… just ouch.

Until next time,
Mia ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment