Thursday 1 May 2014

DIY: The 'What Does The Fox Say?' Make-Up Travel Bag

big edition and small edition
Some months ago, I came to realize I was in need of a separate travel make-up bag as I was searching through my toilet bag at my parents’ house, looking for my lipstick. Many girls have probably been in that situation, which is just bothersome.

Online shops didn’t offer any I found interesting or special, so I decided I could make it myself and began googling DIY make-up bags, which led to this Danish one: http://stjernefroe.blogspot.dk/2012/09/diy-makeuppung.html. While I know not everybody understands Danish, the tutorial is illustrated with so many pictures that the actually text isn’t needed. I didn’t read the text myself as I need to see it visually to understand the steps, however I can translate if somebody requests it.

The make-up bag has the right measurements in my opinion as my brushes can easily fit into it, which is why I adore it so much and why I wanted to share this DIY. Also I can easily spot this in my bag/suitcase due to the fabric selection.

What you need:
·         Two fabrics, unless you wanna make this completely mono (26x15 cm if you want to make the big one on my picture).
·         1 zipper (25 cm).
·         Thread.
·         A sewing machine.

Then there is simply to follow the steps in the link – again, if you want a translation (and Google fails at that), let me know and I will piece one together.


What is the last DIY you have made?

Until next time,
Mia ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment