Sunday 25 May 2014

Review: NUXE's Gentle Toning Lotion

It has taken me three months to return with my opinion of NUXE's Gentle Toning Lotion. In my defence, testing takes time and also I tried to figure out what exactly my opinion to this product was; I finally know!

First and probably the most important, answer to give is: yes, the Gentle Toning Lotion does its job very well. It works like very other toner, though I especially have liked it after removing my make-up as it catches the last remaining parts. In that sense, it lives completely up to its promise.

However, while I honestly love sniffing to it as the rose petals scent is so lovely, it isn't something I want to put on my skin. It is after all perfume, which I don't want in my skincare products and I, furthermore, discovered that I occasionally had slightly red eyes after using it. However, if you are one to love products with some scent to it, then it is really nice and lovely. The scent of rose petals is calming and refreshing… I just prefer sniffing it.

It is rather expensive; it comes in at a Danish price of 135 DKK (approx. £14) in shops, which is almost ridiculous for a toner in my opinion. But what bothers me the most with the toner is the actual packaging, not the price… surprise, surprise. Baby pink is a lovely colour, but I have no idea of telling how much of the product I have actually used! This is problematic in my opinion, as I am horrible at estimating the amount left from just holding it or tapping to hear when it sounds full/hollow. I get the point of wanting text on the bottle, but other brands have done that while still being able to see the liquid. 

Overall, I wouldn't go out and purchase it after I have finished it. In the end, it is just a toner, and I would rather spend my money on something much cheaper because there are many that are just as good (and without perfume!). It isn’t worth the money.


Have you tried NUXE's Gentle Toning Lotion? What is your opinion of it?

Until next time,
Mia ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment