Sunday 21 June 2015

Review: Clarisonic Mia2 in Yellow Energy


Yes, Mia owns a Mia2… and yes, the brush head looks dirty on the picture.

The Clarisonic brush has been around for a long time; there has even been released newer brushes since. Also there are brushes from other brands, like Foreo’s Luna and Clinique’s Sonic, coming out in these times. I decided on the Mia2 after trying it, reading many reviews on all the brushes and evaluating I didn’t have a need for the upgraded Mia3 / Aria brush. I tried Clinique’s brush as well, though I found it too rough for my skin, and Foreo hadn’t come to Denmark at the time, so it wasn’t possible to try it. So, there was a lot of consideration involved!

The brush is supposed to be for normal/sensitive skin, though I can definitely say I don’t agree with the sensitive part of it. It is simply feels too rough against the skin, which can make it red and irritated if used to often. If you have sensitive skin, I would suggest buying the brush for very sensitive skin; I will purchase that one when I have used this brush head up.
The brush heads are recommended to be changed every third month, though if you don’t use it regularly I would guess you can easily wait and go with every sixth month. In that time you can look for offers, so you can get the head for a cheaper price. That is definitely my strategy.

I don’t believe the brush is meant to be used every day if you have sensitive skin like me because the skin will get irritated with the overuse of the brush. Even if I had the even softer brush head, I wouldn’t use it every day. Instead, I use it every time I am in the shower, washing my hair, or if I have been wearing a lot of make-up and really want a clean face. So, every third to fourth day… and that suits my skin just fine.

In the package from Clarisonic the brush, the normal/sensive brush head and a charger is included, along with a travel cover for the brush and a mini of the gel cleanser. The charger snaps magnetically on to the brush when charging it, which is so practical and fuss-free. The travel cover keeps the brush protected from other things in your suitcase or toiletries bag like dirt and leaky make-up when travelling with it. Again, it is practical as it really protects the investment you have put into the brush. The mini gel cleanser I am not an immediate fan of; there are better gel cleansers on the marked than this.

Despite the critique I have given, which I feel is needed when the Mia2 is so expensive and such a purchase requires a lot of thought and consideration, I absolutely love it. I love it to pieces – hands down! It cleans my face much better and deeper than I would ever be able to do myself manually. It really gets the dirt out and clears it from my skin. Afterwards my skin is so smooth and even without any bumps, which was hard to believe at first, but… I am loving that look and feel of my skin. It comes to look much healthier, which I appreciate, as I can look rather sick at times. I really wouldn’t want to be without my Clarisonic.

Do you have a Clarisonic or anything similar? Or have you ever considered purchasing one?


Until next time,
Mia ♥ 



No comments:

Post a Comment