Friday 31 October 2014

Skin Saviours

Lately, my skin has been particularly messed up and so out of control that I felt the need to take extra measures to fix it. It has generally happened around the time of my period, which explains it all. Doesn’t it for most females? My skin was been very spotty and uneven, and I most certainly don’t like that. To fix these problems I have turned to three products: Origins Clear Improvement, Helosan original and the Body Shop Tea Tree Oil.

Origins Clear Improvement is a charcoal mask, which is the first product I use of these three. You apply it to your face after you have washed it with your product of choice. You then wait for it to dry and once it is dry, you gently remove with it with a damp washcloth or muslin cloth. I personally use a washcloth and gently scrub it away in circular motions because that feels amazing. Afterwards, your skin will feel very smooth and even, yet not dried out! I had feared it would dry my skin out, but it hasn’t done it for me… It appears to find the right balance, though how it does that I don’t know.

The second product to use is Helosan, which is a thick skin cream with good healing qualities. It can be found everywhere in Denmark. I use it on the skin where I have or have had spots to help the skin heal better and faster. It takes a while for it to sink in, so if you are in a hurry and usually put on make-up, then you can always apply it right before bedtime. Helosan can be used for many various tasks; mainly, I use it for my hands that go so beyond dry during colder weather.

Last, but not least, is the Body Shop Tea Tree Oil that comes in an admittedly ridiculous child-proved bottle. First time I used it, I spent 30 minutes trying to get the cap off and get the product out. Tea tree oil is known for being able to dry out the skin wherever you apply it. However, once you get it out you dab it onto your spots and probably feel it sting a little to begin with. I only apply it directly on my spots and then nowhere else because the tea three oil series isn’t for dry skin at all, only this little product to fight against spots and zits. You don’t use a lot of it, so the bottle can last for a long time. There are contrasting opinions on the tea three oil – some like me really like and feel it works, some have had an outbreak due to it – so be careful just in case!

What products are your skin saviours?


Until next time,
Mia ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment