Sunday 23 August 2015

Skin care: Body Oils

For the longest of time, I didn’t understand the concept of body oil or its (almost magical) abilities. I mean, why buy a body oil when you already have a body lotion and that works out well? I will tell you why… 


It all started a couple of years ago at the pharmacy; I was waiting in line for it to be my turn and my mother was looking at the many products displayed. She spotted Sard Kopenhagen’s body oil in particular, tried it on and immediately declared it was on her wish list. Fast forward to a few months ago, where she finally received it on her birthday and continued to ramble on about it for days and days.

After a couple of days, she wanted me to try it… and I totally got the ramblings. It was delicious. The body oil gave so much more moisture to my skin than a body lotion normally does, but also in a different way. It really sunk in deeply, which made my skin stay hydrated for days and gave it the most delicious looking glow. My pale skin have never looked better, even without a proper tan.
As I couldn’t afford Sard’s body oil, I naturally turned to Avène as I wanted one for myself and I know the brand can bring it. Avène works just as well, though surprisingly my mother really liked mine and bought one for herself. Oil isn’t as thick as the oil from Sard, but it isn’t far from.

Sard Kopenhagen’s body oil is quite expensive with a price on the other side of 250 DKK (approx.. £25). It is difficult to find it cheaper either on the internet or a foreign country, as it is made in Denmark. Avène’s body oil is also on the expensive side at the pharmacy, but in difference, it can be found cheaper on the internet. I found it to €13 (roughly 100 DKK, £10), which is half of the price. However, I do believe you shouldn’t pick the cheapest on the marked; it should be of quality and the texture shouldn’t be watery. It should have some thickness and it helps if the bottle has a decent pump.

Have you tried body oils? And which one is your favourite?


Until next time,
Mia ♥ 


No comments:

Post a Comment