Sunday 16 August 2015

Cambridge & London Haul

My internet has finally(!) returned, which means the blogging can return again to its normal schedule. Last post was about my trip to Cambridge, where after I headed down to London to stay for a few days with my brother. Some shopping happened in both cities because it is pretty difficult to resist, though in my defence I would like to state my brother spent more than me in those few days than I had in total. 



I went down the safest road skincare wise as I didn't feel a need to try something new and stuck to my beloved Avène, which my skin appreciates the most. The price was better than in Denmark, but the selection wasn't the best in the Boots I visited so I only came out with make-up remover and the balm. Make-up wise... there was too much selection. I felt very overwhelmed by everything and hardly could decide on anything, so I didn't get as much as I had thought. The Revlon Colourburst lip stain I already have in another colour so I knew I was going to like it. The MAC Pro Quad (my second) I had been wanting for a while, whereas the little MAC mascara was a sample I received with my purchase. The eyeliner from Soap&Glory is my "bold" choice; I know nothing about the brand, but I decided it looked interesting and I am sure I can learn how to use an eyeliner. 


The Cambridge bag/net-thingy I got from a small, charming shop that had loads of adorable things. I wanted to have some Cambridge related thing to remind me of the trip, though I didn't want a hoodie or a cardigan with the whole 'University of Cambridge' thing going on. The net is the best solution and I absolutely love it to pieces and pieces. It is one of those things you always end up using no matter what whether it is for your groceries or something else. 
Books are beyond cheap in the UK compared to Denmark, but again I had a slight problem with picking something due to the selection. But I ended up picking Tess of the D'Ubervilles, as it is a classic that I have been wanting to read for ages (plus the chicken print is cute!), and In My Humble Opinion, which is a journal kind of book where you write/rant about people. 

All in all I think I picked some look pieces, though the eyeliner thing is definitely something I need to train. 

Have you been travelling this summer? If so, have you bought anything from there?


Until next time,

Mia ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment