Thursday 1 January 2015

What A Year

Many bloggers write amazingly posts of reflections upon their year and the year to come. Somehow and please don’t ask why, I felt I should write something too, even though I don’t really think I have anything amazingly or special to say.
 
There were many changes in 2014 for me – some were bad, but most were actually really good – where admittedly some stemmed from some broadly-written ‘resolutions’. They weren’t per say resolutions, but more like important life reminders that had slightly been forgotten along the way. Some of the many changes came from life just being life, but some of the significant changes were a result of these important reminders.

Is that bad? No. I would most certainly not consider it bad, even though the changes might have really hurt at the time being. When not all things can be forgiven and forgotten, changes are a must and a necessity. I have had to realize that really good friends, even best friends, might not actually be that anymore, and have allowed myself to move on and get rid of the negativity their words had brought along. I have had to severely cut down their importance in my life and the energy I want to invest in them. You may ask, where did that all come from? It simply came from a small reminder that said, I will not apologize for who I am or for the growth I have experienced.

Another reminder was, be happier even in rough periods. I don’t think being happy is difficult in general; it might be because I am Danish or that I am just really positive person in general. Nevertheless, it is a great reminder when life isn’t going your way, which I have had my periods with and wondered why a pause button to life doesn’t exists. I have been happier by allowing myself to feel annoyed, angry, sad, or whatever emotion and going to bed like that, because emotions like that are natural. Through sleeping, I have learned from myself, that I get that desired break and am able to deal with things better if I have time to think them properly through. If sleeping hasn’t helped, then I make myself a drink and watch some cute movies. It doesn’t cure things, but it brings happiness.

Most of the reminders go like that – either I have followed through and now seeing the result, or I haven’t done quite enough and could improve. Overall, I think that sounds reasonable for life isn’t always easy with the curveballs it throws at uncoordinated-and-not-able-to-catch-anything people like me.

In 2015… I am only adding: write more. I sincerely miss writing for myself and myself only, so hopefully I will fill out the many notebooks I have laying around in my apartment. Else, I am just hoping life will take it easier and looking much forward to finishing my bachelor degree.  

Do you do resolutions? And if so, what are your 2015 resolutions?


Until next time,

Mia ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment