Friday 14 November 2014

Review: Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate

Some two weeks ago, I sneakily purchased the Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate in a (for me) daring darker red colour, which is also known as the shade 107. It is a classic… and very autumnal, even Christmas-y. I had had my eyes on the shade for a good while and I am glad I actually decided to buy it as I have already gotten so much use out of it. Also, it will be my go to lipstick when the Christmas parties starts.

The colour is gorgeous dark red, yet also has a plum shade to it. The plum shade balances well with the darker red and makes the red not appear as dark, especially as it applies matte, which makes the lipstick very wearable. I have gotten so many compliments on the shade, even though the colour seems slightly dramatic and in contrast with my pale skin tone.

It is very easy to apply, whether you dab it on or go full on out with it. I have tried lipsticks there are harder to apply, so the easiness of 107 is greatly welcomed. However, it is slippery on the lips. I am used to lipsticks just staying put without needing a lip pencil to draw the edges up, but those days are over with this lipstick. It isn’t a big minus for the lipstick, but it is definitely something to note so you don’t return home and look in the mirror, wondering, “how did that happen? But I didn’t even do anything other than talk!”

Is it lasting? That depends on what other lipsticks you compare it with, which will always be the case. It doesn’t last as long on the lips as my MAC lipsticks, but in fairness I paid more for them and Rimmel is a cheaper /more affordable brand than MAC. I am definitely cutting it some slack, seeing it isn’t an expensive lipstick. However, it leaves a good stain even if it doesn’t last long, so it isn’t a big minus that it doesn’t last over 4 hours without eating and drinking. On a last note, it is drying on the lips so pack a cheap lip balm you dare get stained for a short while.

What is your favourite autumnal lipstick?


Until next time,
Mia ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment